Saturday, January 9, 2010

Big Brother

Big Brother IS watching. That much Orwell got right. What the author missed was how much we would enjoy it. I have the camera in my house. Most of my friends do too. The government didn't have to put them there. We went to Target and bought them and paid extra for the most pixels per inch.

Orwell didn't foresee the panic that would ensue when we think Big Brother has looked away for a moment or failed to notice us.
LOOK AT ME BIG BROTHER! LOOK AT ME! I have a blog, I'm on twitter, I'm on youtube, I'm on facebook, Look, Look, Look!

Hey, Big Brother, Look, my kid's floating away in a balloon! Woah! Hey check it out, I'm cheating on my wife... with my sister! Here, they'll fight, watch 'em fight Big Brother watch! You need tears? I got tears. My twelve year old is an overweight drug addict prostitute! Sure, she'd love to be on your show. I'll come on with her! Watch us Big Brother! Watch!

1 comment:

Bart said...

Funny, I was just talking with my sister about this. Orwell just couldn't imagine we would want cameras everywhere.

Talk to younger people, and you realize that they don't have the expectation, nor the desire for anonymity or privacy. The seem to assume that every detail of their life is available to anyone who wants to look for it.

It will be very interesting to see these kids in their 30's when they start influencing public policy.