Saturday, December 15, 2007

Sick Day Scribblings

I'm home sick from work. Watching the Blues Brothers, reading Steve Martin's new book and having random thoughts:

It's hard to be a moral person these days.
I try not to "Spill my seed on barren ground" but the farmer keeps chasing me out of his crops.

"All Dogs Go To Heaven." not actually in the Bible.
(Except maybe in Disney's 1986, "Uncle Rhemus reads the old testament" now out of print.)

A Catholic said to me "God made Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve."
That's funny, I thought it was, God made Adam and Eve, not Adam who led led a celibate lifestyle and wore a big pointy hat with flowing robes and embroidered slippers while hanging out with lots of similarly dressed younger men and boys who were at his beck and call.

Build that Temple in Israel already. I think we should all pledge money toward getting this thing done. If it's built, and nothing happens, we can all get on with our lives.
If the prophecy comes true, the world ends. It's really a win/win.

Buddhism seemed cool to me at first. So did marjuana.
In both cases my sufferering is lessoned and I feel happy but I don't get much done.
If Thomas Edison had been a Bhuddist (or a stoner) he'd have given the world some haikus about tree and we wouldn't be able to read them at night.

Many atheists are fond of blaming all war on religion. I think they are people who've never attended a sporting event. If religion were wiped out the Armed forces would draft Raiders fans and would explain to them that the Iraqis root for the Rams.

Give a hoot, don't pollute. NOT actually in the bible. Sorry.

No comments: