Monday, December 11, 2006

Another Couple of Poems

I'm reading Celine again. Bukowski calls him the greatest writer that ever lived. I certainly am enjoying him.

And these two pieces are directly inspired by Death On The Installment Plan.

Click the title to read:
The Mayans
A poem from my trip down to Belize and Guatemala
or
What Should Have Happened
I was thinking that it would be cool to write my life story as it would have been if I'd taken every chance that I've ever passed on.

My dad stumbled across my poetry blog. He called me to tell me that my poems aren't poems. I like that. I write poems that aren't poems. Works for me. Hope you enjoy 'em.

2 comments:

John said...

I don't think you understood. You do not write poems that are not poems, you write prose that is not poetry.

I will, generously, not object to the use of vignettes, although the definition uses the word "graceful".

Take your pill. Dad

KLJ said...

You said, "Hey, You're poems are not poems". I liked it, I'm stickin' with it.
What are you gonna do about it? Not give me Christmas presents? I don't think so.



You wouldn't really do that would you?