Sunday, July 2, 2006

writing writing writing

34,326 words written since starting All My Kisses on June 1, 2006. I love writing in a blog. It keeps me writing knowing that people are reading, and waiting for the next installment. I've always written in wild spurts of inspirations, but now I just sit down and do it, even when I'm feeling stuck. I hammer through, and in no time the words are flowing again.

I realize the result is a VERY rough rough draft but that works. I then put it onto a word document and I rewrite, taking more time, filling in the details that got lost the first time through.

I have thought about the style of my writing. It's intentionaly simple and straight forward. I'm resisting the urge to get too flowery and poetic. I aim to be more storyteller than poet here. I'm comfortable with this style for the most part, but sometimes I worry that my no frills approach is too minimalist.

Well, now I'm off to do some editing. We're still working on the panhandling documentary.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just finished reading All My Kisses - I don't think you should worry too much about the style of writing. I like the straight forward stuff; the storytelling style suits the material. Keep it up.
M

KLJ said...

Thanks. I appreciate it. I need to work on being more secure in what I do.

You say you finsihed All My Kisses. I hope you know that there's much more still coming. I add to it nearly every day.
Peace,
KLJ