Friday, December 9, 2005

Skating Again

WOO HOO! Went out with my nephew last night and hit a parking lot. We only skated for about twenty minutes, and then for another ten later that night, but it felt so good to be back on my board. And I actually learned something from watching videos. I can ollie twice as high as I could before I broke my collar bone. I won't be back in a pool or on a ramp for a-while, but I'm skating again and that's great.

It's fun teaching my nephew. Of course, he'll pass me up soon, but he won't need much teaching after that. Once you get the momentum going it keeps going (that's why it's called momentum.) He told me that this was the best day of his life. Sure we'd watched skate videos, and played some video games, but I figured the best day of his life would be one of the days spent at the Skate Park. No, he was stoked to be skating after dark. Ha ha. It's funny to remember what's cool to a kid.

Let's see what I break next. I think I'll start a betting pool.
Hey that's a great idea. I'm gonna do it. Watch for the "What part of KLJ's body will be injured while skating" pool real soon.

No comments: